- Update your channel banner to something professional looking that will appeal to your market.
- You want your YouTube Channel to have a general theme.
- Example: If you like giving people healthy recipes, most of your videos should be about healthy recipes.
- Example: If you enjoy giving mass gaining tips, your videos should be about mass gaining tips.
- Upload a Channel Trailer to explain what your channel is about.
- Make sure you add your Facebook and website info to your home page and in the description section of your videos.
- Study other successful YouTube fitness channels and figure out why they are successful.
- After you create a video, you can “share” it on other social media sites or even embed it on your own website.
- If you’re not used to creating videos, learning how to do so will probably be well outside your comfort zone. The more that you practice and the more videos you create, the more comfortable you will become in front of the camera.
Transformation Video Tips
- 2-4 minutes long.
- Use good editing software like iMovie (recommended).
- You need to add your Facebook and/or website info in the very beginning and end of the video.
- You can add intro and exit music.
- Add a “call to action” at the end of your video.
- i.e. Questions? Email me at ____________.
- Title needs to contain an SEO term or phrase in it.
- Example: Josh Spencer’s P90X Transformation, Melinda Spencer’s P90X Results, Turbofire Results Women, etc.
- In the description, you need your website link and the link for people to make you their coach (bit.ly the link to make it shorter). You also want to include some keywords that relate to the main keyword or key phrase in title, along with a “call to action” that includes your email.
- i.e. If you have any questions about how I got my results, you can email me at ____________.
- Ideally, you want a great before and after or just an after picture as your video thumbnail.
- You want to make sure you select the proper category for your video.
- Make sure you allow comments (that you have to approve), and that it can be shared and embedded.
- Make sure video is set to public, not private or unlisted.
- You want to create at least 1-2 videos per week. Just have to be consistent!
- You need to add value by giving training tips, healthy recipes, motivational tips, supplement tips, success tips, sharing your story, talk about your struggles and how you overcame them, etc.
- As we said above, all your videos need to relate to your niche market.
- Make sure you tape yourself with your phone or device horizontal, not vertical.
- Use proper lighting. You can purchase something like the Ring Light or create your own. Proper lighting makes the video look more professional.
- Make sure there is no background noise.
- Set it up so that you have an attractive background. Outdoor videos are great.
- Use editing software like iMovie. If you have an iPhone, you can download the iMovie app.
- Make sure you look at the camera eye, not at yourself if you are using your phone or iPad.
- Speak with confidence, passion, excitement.
- Speak as if you were talking to your best friend.
- PRACTICE! You will never get better with videos until you practice over and over again.
- Keep most videos between the 3-5 minute range.
- Have FUN!
Searching and Building Relationships
- You want to search for videos that revolve around your market. Once you find those videos, comment or message the person about the video. As with everything else, ask questions, lead the conversation, and then connect on Facebook.
- Make sure you respond to any comments made and messages received within 24 hours.
- After you have built up some content on your Channel, promote and connect it on other social media sites.
DAILY TASK: If you have results, start today with working on your transformation video. Try to get it done by this time next week.